17 January 2011

Haiku on the Beach

(all except #9 written in a creative burst on Druif Beach, Aruba, 03/03/03. And yes, we really did witness the couple get engaged that evening just before sunset!)

1
Waves crash onto beach,
Then recede from rocky shores
Sounding like applause.




2
I have my riches
In waves trimmed with foam like lace,
Sprinkled with diamonds.

3
Clear aqua crystal,
Sculpted in delicate shapes --
Waves’ elegant art.

4
Pencil and paper --
My “Island Word Processor.”
Technology shunned.


5
Exquisite beauty.
No money, tremendous wealth.
Enjoying Nature.

6
Reading on the beach;
City stress so far away.
Sand between the pages.







7
I sit in the sand,
Not envied by any man.
Yet I have so much.

8
I witnessed a scene,
A man knelt to a woman,
Promises of love.

9
Aqua crystal waves
Arch, then shatter onto rocks,
Retreat, rise again.

No comments: