22 June 2012

Its All Good



It's hot.  It's sticky-icky humid Washington in summertime hot, and the aircon can't keep up.  And I'm sitting here, dripping, and basically waiting for evening when it cools down.  Waiting for the day to be over. 

Whoa!! What's wrong with that?  What's right with that?

A day - a single day - doesn't seem like so much in the middle of your life, but has infinitely more value at the end.  I'm letting this day basically dribble away, this day that has, whatever else, sunshine and freedom and relative health and Dan in the same room with me.  There were times when I was facing a deadline, when I would love to have an extra day before (whatever-it-was) was due.  Or my friend whose husband has only a few more months to live, I'm sure she would gratefully take this day, sticky-icky temperature and all, and add it to his dwindling supply if she could.

How could I take this day for granted?  Maybe somewhere there's a cosmic reset button on today?  Or at least, on my attitude?

No comments: